Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Russian Orthodox Fasting or let's eat Vegan.

March 2nd, many Russian Orthodox people will start their 40 days Fast. The Fast is based on strict rules of eating of the Russian Church. I had never been successful to complete 40 days of fasting. It's not a good idea to fast if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or working. This year , I am neither one in those categories. That's why I would like to try again. I also learned many new vegetarian and vegan dishes which would be a great components of my meals.

On the first day of Fast, I bake Bread, made Fasulye salad and rice.

VEGAN BREAD

I use breadmaking machine for this recipe. It makes my life so easy!

1 1/2 cups of water
1 tbsp. white sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups of bread flour
2 1/2 tsp. of active yeast

Put all the ingredients onto the breadmaking machine, pick the Medim size and enjoy.

P.S. The bread's texture looked a lot like foccacia, that's why next time I will add some Rosemary and Olive oil.

No comments: