Thursday, October 29, 2009

CAULIFLOWER LATKES, SIMPLE LAMB CHOPS

My kids are not big lovers of healthy food and every time when I put into their little tummies something green or yellow makes me very happy. I am trying to hide as much as I can some vegetables into something that considered delicious by my kids. This recipe below is my big success. My sons love cauliflower latkes. My kids eat them thinking that the eat potatoes. You can simply lie (I know, I know...) to them by saying their favorite ingredients. No one will ever guess the original ingredient of this simple dish.


CAULIFLOWER LATKES.

1 cauliflower (the cauliflower is covered by tiny white flowers, look for the white clean cauliflower)
2 eggs
1 cup breadcrumbs
salt
black pepper
crushed cumin


You will need a pot with boiling water. Cut the cauliflower into pieces. Boil the cauliflower branches in the water until tender. Drain and put into the food processor. You will have mashed cauliflower. Add salt, pepper, cumin. Add 2 eggs an 1 cup of plain breadcrumbs.Mix it with the fork.

 Let it stand for 5-10 minutes.


 Heat the frying pan with the frying oil. I use two spoons to form the latkes. I take one spoon with the dough and push the dough into the pan with another spoon. Let one side fry and then turn on another.Serve it with ketchup, sour cream or sauce of you choice.

For adults or not picky kids, you can add more interesting spices and make this dish Indian (curry powder, turmeric, coriander) or Italian (parsley, oregano)


LAMB CHOPS.


Rack of lamb chops.
Salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, cumin and coriander.

Heat your oven 400 F. If the chops are really meaty, I like to beat them with the Meat Tenderizer ( meat hammer), only one side and very light. (Just to make them equal thickness.) Sprinkle little bit of salt, pepper, spices, olive oil. Line you baking tray with foil and put your chops on it. Bake for 20 minute. Open the oven and check for readiness. If the chops are big you might need to turn them and bake for another 5 minutes. Do not overcook. The chops have very delicious and tender meat.

Bonne Appetite!

No comments: